Will I Encounter Any Trouble (On the Telus network)?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Steveo47, Jul 18, 2010.

1. Steveo47 macrumors regular

Okay so, my first post on macrumors, but im a long time reader. Currently i have a blackberry 9530 (Blackberry storm one) and im buying an iphone 4 the second i can pre order one. So i obviously have a blackberry data plan ect. So does anyone for see me having any problems switching when i buy the iphone directly from apple instead of from Telus themselves? Also should i be prepared for any problems switching my plan over to an Iphone plan?

2. draz macrumors 6502a

There wouldn't be any problem, Apple has the power to do everything just like Best Buy, Future Shop, and Wireless Wave.

I take it you are doing a whole plan change? If so might want to talk to Telus first to get yourself prepared and then walk into Apple Store and just do the upgrade.

3. Steveo47 thread starter macrumors regular

Well my plan was to order the phone, get it on the 30th. Then go to my local telus booth and say "i currently have a blackberry storm and want to switch my plan over to a microsim card, and change my current data plan to a iphone data plan." And then go home with an active microsim, put it in my phone and get going. Would that be.. well do able?

4. draz macrumors 6502a

What type of Blackberry plan do you have at the moment? If it has some sort of mb to it (like 500mb) then you can use that with the iPhone without the need to even to change anything. If it has something like "unlimited on-device browsing" then you can't use that with the iPhone

The Apple store can do everything in store and you can walk out of there with all the changes done without the need to visit your Telus store....

5. Steveo47 thread starter macrumors regular

oh really... you weren't kidding when you said the apple store can do anything they want. I have a BB smartphone 35 package which is up to 500mb of data, and unlimited SMS. So i can get my Iphone shipped to my house, take it to the apple store, and then they can transfer my plan onto a microsim? thats awesome! Im glad its going to be hassle free, ive been worrying about it. Thanks alot for the insight!

6. draz macrumors 6502a

If the micro-sim isn't active when you get it you can just call Telus from your home and they can do the switch right there without the need to leave your house =)

I'm not totally sure the capabilities of Apples online site and how the whole shipping to home thing will work... If it is just a full price purchase and ship and you activate or if they will offer it subsidized and ship it locked to the carrier of choice.

If it is an unlocked phone you want then you have to go to a Telus store or an Apple store to purchase the micro-sim as you won't get one shipped in the box.

More details will come though on how the whole order online and what price it will be to follow soon!

7. Steveo47 thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah im doing the full purchase off the website, no subsidy from my carrier or anything. So ya the phone is unlocked. I dont mind going to the telus booth and buying a micros sim. I just hate when you get a brand new phone and the greesy guy who works at the booth always gets his fingerprints all over it haha. I believe if i pay the full 599/699 for the phone i can get it shipped to my home.