Will I get a new battery?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by A Macbook Pro, May 23, 2010.

1. A Macbook Pro macrumors 6502

So after 11 months my Mid 2009 MBP screwed up. When I clicked on my battery icon in the menu bar there was something that told me I needed to ''service my battery''. So I called AppleCare and they confirmed what my Mac was telling me and helped me book an appointment. So today I was thinking, would I get the new 8-9 hour battery or would they just replace it with some old 7 hour battery like the one that my MBP came with?

2. A Macbook Pro thread starter macrumors 6502

Okay, randomest **** just happened. I just checked my coconut battery and instead of putting my battery health at 57% like it was yesterday it's not back to normal at 88%. WTF? Guess my battery doesn't need replacing. That's weird...

3. Gorilla Power macrumors 6502

Gorilla Power

You need to calibrate your battery. Have you done that recently ? My 2007 MBP went crazy too, often showing wrong readings. Calibrating solved it.

As for the replacement, you'll get Apple's latest battery which fits in your Mac. So I believe it won't be the 9 hours battery because it is from the non-removable series. (Your MBP has a removable battery, right ?)

4. A Macbook Pro thread starter macrumors 6502

My battery is non-removable. I will try calibrate my battery and will see if that makes 100% sure that my battery is fine.

5. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

They will replace it with the exact model battery that your machine came with, meaning the 7-hour battery.

6. Gorilla Power macrumors 6502

Gorilla Power

Which they are not manufacturing anymore ?

7. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

What makes you think that? They still manufacture batteries for the iBook and Powerbook G4s.

8. Jon03021 macrumors member

Miles knows all about batteries. Trust me.

9. Gorilla Power macrumors 6502

Gorilla Power

Ok, if you say so. To be honest I don't know myself. I'd only expect that they would discontinue making older batteries for the same model.

10. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

They don't always discontinue making parts for older models; they only discontinue advertising them for sale. Especially with replacement parts that wear out, such as batteries, they need to be able to have them available for warranty work, as well as those who choose to buy replacements.

11. Gorilla Power macrumors 6502

Gorilla Power

Ah, I see. I learn so much everyday. :)