will I get a new one when I exchange??

Discussion in 'iPad' started by xenosaga7, Mar 17, 2012.

1. xenosaga7 macrumors member

So I decided to exchange my new ipad to a new one due to the yellow screen.

Since I can't go to an apple store, I called them and will mail my ipad to apple.

They gave me repair id and told me to drop off the ipad without box or cables.

This seems more like refurbish procedure, and I expected I will get a full replacement with all the original box and setups.

So are they gonna try to fix mine and send back the same one, send out refurbished one, or give me brand new one?

I never tried and repair/exchange/refurbish from apple before so I am worried.

2. johnparjr macrumors 6502a

johnparjr

Yes they wont have refurbished ones for at least a week or 2 and even if they did have them now they are just as good or better since they thoroughly get check and the screen and back plate get replaced.

3. wellok macrumors 6502

I did a replacement today and they gave me a brand new one, sealed in the retail box. There aren't refurbs yet.

4. AlPlPlLE macrumors regular

They don't swap you out with refurbs if you do get the iPad swapped. They only sell the refurbs online. The replacements just don't come in a pretty anticipation white box.

5. xenosaga7 thread starter macrumors member

So I can safely assume I will get a new one, or at least better one than the one I have?

6. Jason S. macrumors 6502a

You will get a new one, but don't assume it will be better. And it could even be worse. After all, the one you got was "new" as well.

7. firstapple macrumors 6502a

firstapple

+1 to this, well said.

8. boy-better-know macrumors 65816

boy-better-know

Exchanged mine today and got it in a sealed brown box, was reassured over and over that it was a brand new unit.
    Don't worry about it mate.

9. tbayrgs macrumors 603

tbayrgs

I'm surprised how everyone obsesses about getting a new device as a replacement. Aren't refurbs closely inspected and presumably have any issues addressed/repaired? It would seem you would be less likely to have a problem with a refurb than a new device that hasn't been used/tested yet.

10. firstapple macrumors 6502a

firstapple

This is one of the reasons why I don't mind Apple refurbished products that much. Refurbs come with a new battery and a new shell. Also, any problems the gadget was sent back for should have been fixed during the refurbished process.

11. Jason S. macrumors 6502a

Yeah, I'd actually rather get a refurb as a replacement than a new one.