Will I get beta updates?

rattler

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 18, 2011
Ok, so I just installed iOS 7 on my iPhone 5. It's working pretty well other than the battery is draining much faster. I know that as the first beta, it is not optimized and this is to be expected. Will Apple release another beta version with better battery life before officially releasing it to the public? If they do, would I just be able to install it over the air like I would with iOS 6? I am not a developer. Thanks!

rattler

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 18, 2011
I know that Apple is going to keep tweaking it before the final release, but since it's only available for developers (officially, anyways) will the future beta releases be available to anyone who has iOS 7 over the air (through the settings app)

batting1000

macrumors 604
Sep 4, 2011
Florida
Bugger, so I have to wait another 14 hours or so... :(
Yeah :(

If you have a Mac you can get OS X Mavericks. It came out a couple weeks ago :cool:

----------

I know that Apple is going to keep tweaking it before the final release, but since it's only available for developers (officially, anyways) will the future beta releases be available to anyone who has iOS 7 over the air (through the settings app)
To answer your question, it's a wait see. While it's likely to be an OTA (as well as through the dev center), it could also be just the dev center. I don't see why they wouldn't do an OTA, though.

Gav2k

macrumors G3
Jul 24, 2009
Op regardless of wether it's over the air or through the dev portal it'll be available. Obviously ota is easier but it really depends on how much of the os has to be overhauled as to wether it's an ota update or a iTunes based restored update.