Will I get credited $200 for upgrading from 3g to 3gs?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mysteriouskk, Jun 20, 2009.

1. Mysteriouskk macrumors member

I bought the iphone 3g on launch day last year, and just bought the 3gs yesterday for $399 at the apple store. Will at&t credit me back $200 on my statements or send some type of check?

2. aneftp macrumors 68040

Well, it all depends:

Is your primary line over $99 a month? Was that the line you were upgrading? If you were upgrading a secondary line, than you probably wouldn't have gotten the special credit back.

Did you make all of your payments on time?

Not all ATT customers qualified for the special July, August, September early exemption so that they can buy the iphone 3g s earlier than usual.

3. dave006 macrumors 68020

It depends on your "Upgrade Eligible" status, if you had a July, August or Sept. date on June 19 then you should see a credit for the $200 based on the method of payment you selected for your purchase.

Just to be clear, AT&T decides if you were eligible for the the best pricing.

If you pre-ordered an iPhone 3G S through Apple's online store, your upgrade eligibility will be reassessed based on AT&T's new upgrade policy for iPhone 3G owners. If you are eligible for the lower price, Apple will issue you a credit for the difference as applicable.​

Source: http://www.att.com/gen/press-room?pid=1574

Did you meet all of the requirments?

Dave

4. Opie macrumors 6502a

Opie

My primary line qualified for the early upgrade because I purchased my iphone 3g in August. What was strange though is today my wife decided she wanted one so I went back to BB expecting to pay 399 for an 16g white 3gS and she qualified for the 199 pricing. The kicker is we bought her phone in November of 08. The *new# said she wasn't eligible but the BB comp said she was. Anyone else get hooked up on their second line?

5. chrismac00 macrumors 6502a

I met the requirements. I ordered through Apple. Do I get $200 back? If so, what do I do?

6. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

Pray

7. Chrisrokc macrumors regular

I got an email for one line, but not the other. I am on a family plan that spends over 270 a month. The apple stores and the at&t stores know almost nothing about these refunds yet. I bet in a week this will be clearer. Hoping for another 200 off!