Will I get my MACBOOK PRO tomorrow!?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by PenrynMBP, Feb 28, 2008.

1. PenrynMBP macrumors member

Hey guys, I just checked the status of my MBP shipment. And it now says "At dest sort facility". And that facility is actually 15 mins away from where I live lol. They said the estimated deilvery date would be March 3rd, but is it possible my new MBP would be delivered tomorrow!? :eek:

2. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

I'd almost call the facility and see if you could pick it up. A friend of mine had something arrive at like 2pm to a FEDEX facility near by (it was a Friday and he didn't want to wait until Monday), he called them, all he needed was photo ID and proof of residence to pick it up.

TEG

3. skiffx macrumors 6502a

Running in there, guns blazing, would also be pretty convincing :)

4. MacDann macrumors 6502a

MacDann

Probably. If they have a retail counter, go in and ask for it if you have the tracking number and ID to prove you're the recipient. If they don't have a retail counter, go to the closest one and have them check the routing to see when it's scheduled for delivery. If it's not scheduled for tomorrow, ask them if you can do a depot pick-up and they can re-route it to the retail counter for pick-up.

What the heck - don't' cost nothin' to ask.

MacDann

5. SSerino macrumors member

The Estimated ship dates are usually accurate. I had something sit in the next town over for 2 business days and all weekend before it was finally sent to my house. I would call them and you can probably go pick it up.

6. ckeck macrumors 6502a

ckeck

Call and go get it tonight! I remember when the very first MBPs came out mine reached the FedEx airport facility in my city on a Friday night. I was not about to wait until Monday to get it so I drove over there (you can't normally go in here) and I was knocking on the big garage doors that fold down...someone rolled it up and asked who I was and what was I doing...wasn't supposed to be there apparently.

After a few minutes I convinced them to go find my package and they did...took about 30 minutes, but I got it! I love FedEx (most of the time)
    :D