Will I get my PAC code on time?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sk-uk, Jul 6, 2008.

1. sk-uk macrumors newbie

Just phone Orange on Saturday to get my PAC code and they said it will take 5 days but I really want to have the code by Thursday ready for Friday morning.

Do anyone think I will get my code by Thursday?

If I don't have the PAC code ready on Friday, can I port my number later on?

Cheers

2. sara123456 macrumors member

Your probably get your PAC code tomorrow as they said 5 days to me but mine came in 2 but your have it by Friday unless there is some big cock up :D

3. TonyHoyle macrumors 6502a

4. glanv macrumors regular

I'm going to call my current operator today and tell them I want to cancel my contract and request my PAC. I'm with T-Mobile UK and still have 3mths of my 18mth contract remaining. I am bracing myself for the barrage of "what can we offer you to stay" etc... I am hoping they don't make it difficult by stating I need to give a months notice etc before getting PAC. I am quite certain from reading my contract that I can cancel before minimum term by paying up rest of contract (probably about £75!). The only thing I am worried about is cancelling contract, getting PAC and then the iPhone I want is not available. I don't want to be without a mobile, but I think it works where if I don't use the PAC within 30days the contract will continue - which will obviously be paid up for.

5. TonyHoyle macrumors 6502a

They may not allow cancellations over the phone - a lot don't. I always cancel by sending the SIM special delivery direct to them these days, after a hellishly bad time with Orange a few years ago (they said you must cancel by post, I sent the letter, they ignored it, received bill, CS refused to deal with me saying you must cancel by post, sent another, etc.. took 4 months).