Will I get my RAM and hd space back if i use vb, install windws, and then delete?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by iperson21, Aug 30, 2011.

1. iperson21 macrumors regular

title says it most, im looking to root my android phone. (dont hate) and the only ways to root it are through windows and linux so i was wondering and couldnt find any documentation on it, if i download virtualbox, install windows, and then root my phone and then delete that operating system, will i get my ram and hd space back, both are very precious to me, and i get all computer users, especially when you've only got 75gb to work with.

thanks is advance :apple:

2. Vanillian macrumors member

Your RAM isn't ever permanently taken from you and yes if you delete virtual box you'll get your HD space back. I'm not sure you should be the one rooting your phone if these are the kinds of things you don't understand.

3. blevins321 macrumors 68030

Hate to agree with it, but the poster above might be right in that regard. Also, some devices have problems with virtual machines because the device IDs change and the Mac takes control back. Really you might be best doing this in Boot Camp (you can delete the partition afterwards) if you're really sure you want to do it.

4. Bob Coxner macrumors 6502a

How easy is it to delete a Boot Camp partition and regain the space?

5. blevins321 macrumors 68030

Pretty simple. Just reopen Boot Camp Assistant is OSX and select the option of deleting the partition (or maybe restore previous). I forgot the wording.