...Will I get the New Apple Keyboard...

anim8or

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 16, 2006
Scotland, UK
I am ordering a Mac Pro today and was wondering if anyone knows if they are shipping the new keyboards with all new macs purchased....

...I really want the new keyboard (wired)!

joshwest

macrumors 65816
Apr 27, 2005
I am ordering a Mac Pro today and was wondering if anyone knows if they are shipping the new keyboards with all new macs purchased....

...I really want the new keyboard (wired)!
i would say yes

scienide09

macrumors 65816
May 5, 2007
Canada
That would make the most sense. If you really want to know, your best bet would be to check with Apple directly.

Multimedia

macrumors 603
Jul 27, 2001
Santa Cruz CA, Silicon Beach
Doubtful - Just Offer Yours For Trade

It's been established that only new iMac buyers will get the new keyboard. Count yourself lucky. You will have no problem getting someone to trade their "new" keyboard for your "old" one. Just post on Marketplace and I'm sure you will have a ton of new iMac owners ready to give up their piece of crap aluminum chicklet keyboard for your real quality one.

kwood

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2006
In the Great White North.
It's been established that only new iMac buyers will get the new keyboard. Count yourself lucky. You will have no problem getting someone to trade their "new" keyboard for your "old" one. Just post on Marketplace and I'm sure you will have a ton of new iMac owners ready to give up their piece of crap aluminum chicklet keyboard for your real quality one.
Not that I doubt you or anything about the information your provided, but where did it say only the new iMac is shipping with it? I know that when the new iPod nano was released it came with new earbuds where the new iPod shuffle did not until the multi colours were released. Steve had eluded to this in the keynote for whatever event it was. I have not watched the one from this past Tuesday, was it mentioned there?

Multimedia

macrumors 603
Jul 27, 2001
Santa Cruz CA, Silicon Beach
Stores & Sales Reps On 800 Line Say So

Ask at the Stores or call the 1-800-MY-APPLE sales line and they will tell you the new keyboard is only shipping with the new iMac for now. It's a fact been posted numerous times since Tuesday afternoon. They probably have a bunch of the old ones already in packed boxes of other models plus limited supply of the new ones only enough for the new iMacs right now.

Sean Dempsey

macrumors 68000
Aug 7, 2006
I ordered the new keyboard (wired) from apple's website yesterday. I have the old wireless one, but once the new chiclet model gets here, I'll probably sell this wireless one (its barley a month old).

It's funny how bad people hate the new keyboard. Myself, I prefer my macbook keyboard to this wireless one, so if the new keyboard has the same keys and response as the Macbook, I'm going to love it. I guess some people just have a sticklet up their butt. :p:p:p:p

So check the marketplace in a week or so if you really want the old style wireless.