will i have any problem running this monitor?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by greenbreadmmm, Jul 18, 2009.

1. greenbreadmmm macrumors regular

i have the computer in my sig. i am a graphic design student and will be using this for that. can my computer handle 1920x1200. will it be laggy at such resolutions? and does anyone have any experience with this monitor or suggestions for other good ones which are around 350. thanks

2. DeusInvictus7 macrumors 68020

I'm pretty sure any Apple computer since pretty much the original macbook can support 1920x1200 on an external monitor.

And as far as being in graphic design, I assume you are going to be doing photo critical stuff? Make sure anything you buy does NOT have a TN panel.

What size monitor are you looking for? I want to say 24"?

3. judasdeth macrumors newbie

im running a 20" external monitor on my mbp 13" at 1680x1050 with no problems at all so far

4. greenbreadmmm thread starter macrumors regular

I forgot to post the monitor. It's an asus 25.5 inch from newegg for 309

5. DeusInvictus7 macrumors 68020

TN panel. Not the most accurate in picture color and pretty bad viewing angles, but if you are ok with that, then good for you.

6. greenbreadmmm thread starter macrumors regular

I am not so what is a good monitor in that resolution?

7. DeusInvictus7 macrumors 68020

Well if you are wanting something with good color accuracy, you are going to want either a PVA or IPS panel. It is going to be pretty hard to find a monitor in that resolution at your price range to be honest. All the manufaturers that makes higher quality monitors (Dell Ultrasharp Series, HP LP2475w, Samsung 2XXT series) are around the $500 mark. Take a look at the models that I've listed, see if any strike your fancy.

If you can live without 1920x1200, the Dell Ultrasharp 2209WA is probably the best price/performance monitor right now. Under $300 for an IPS panel.