iPad Will I lose game achievements if I get a new iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by iMas70, Jun 3, 2013.

1. iMas70 macrumors 6502a

I'm going to be visiting an Apple Store so they can check my iPad for a data use issue today. Will I lose the game achievements that my kids and I have if I do that? I've backed up to the cloud last night.

Thanks!

2. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

3. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

That data, if I understood some earlier reading I did, is stored only in the backup or on your phone. Therefore, if you get a new iPad, you do not want to set up as new but restore from Cloud backup. Hopefully that does work.

4. ritmomundo macrumors 68000

ritmomundo

For MOST games, your backup will save your progress. Some games don't, unfortunately, and you will have to start over. I'm not sure of any way to know which other than personal experience.

You will not lose your game achievements. They are automatically stored in your Apple ID when you log into Game Center, not on your iPad directly. So nothing to worry about there.

5. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

if the game backs itself up through game center, it should recognize your progress when you log back in. other games offer backing up data though icloud. it all depends. which games exactly are you inquiring about?

6. iMas70 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I restored the iPad yesterday and all was good. I was concerned about games like Real Racing 3, My Little Pony, Temple Run 2 and a few others.