will i lose my DATA PLAN it i jail break or factory reset

Discussion in 'iPad' started by ansabakhan, Jun 2, 2010.

1. ansabakhan macrumors 65816

ansabakhan

i might sign-up for the 3G plan just so i can get in before the unlimited plan thing is gone...

my question is.... if later for some reason i am factory restoring my IPAD or jail breaking it and needs to flash and rewrite every thing back .. am i losing on my ipad plan? do i need to resign-up for the plan?

2. LSUtigers03 macrumors 68020

LSUtigers03

No

3. DougFNJ macrumors 6502a

DougFNJ

You shouldn't.....the plan is working off the SIM card

4. ItsThatKush macrumors regular

great question, i have the same worry. hopefully not as i plan on jb'ing my iPad and bricking it several times lol.

5. ansabakhan thread starter macrumors 65816

ansabakhan

same here... because there is bunch of info stored on ipad by it self as well

6. HiFiGuy528 macrumors 68000

HiFiGuy528

No you won't because the data plan is also attached to your email account. That's why you can only activate one iPad per email account. I have two 3G iPad and I had to use two different email accounts. I've also done a complete reset on the iPad and Restore as new.

7. JodyK macrumors 6502a

JodyK

If you are like most people posting a question like this here you almost take a vote of several answers ... Or rather need to hear it several times to believe it.

No it won't affect your data plan UNLESS you tether off the ipad and they find out.