Will I make the right choice? (Mac Book Pro) Life Span issues

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by alebar14, Aug 20, 2007.

1. alebar14 macrumors regular

alebar14

Hi there,

I just ordered a MacBook Pro 2.2 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo / 120 GB / 2 GB RAM and it should be arrived next week while I am waiting for my parent financing some money this week.

I just begin a freelance job in Graphic Design. I do work for a Magazine company as a part time job so far. The rest of the days is my plan to find a projects for my living cost and some save up money.

At present, I do mostly print design, but in a future I will be looking at video editing. I want a notebook that I can rely on between 3-6 years lifespan.

I love to think buying an iMac 24" at 2.4 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo. But I want a portability.

Am I doing the right choices ?

2. iToaster macrumors 68000

iToaster

You made the right choice, your MBP will last you about 4 years in its effective life. An iMac, although seemingly more powerful, only really has the advantage in the speed of the hard drive (though you can get a faster one for your MBP) and the capacity of said hard drive as well as screen real estate. For those on a MBP, all you really have to do is hook up an external monitor and HDs.