Will I Need Toast To Use A Lite-on Ez Buz With A Mac Mini

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by teadigger, Jan 16, 2009.

1. teadigger macrumors member

Hi I Have Bought A External Lite-on Ez-buz To Burn Dvd's Had Reveiws That It Would, As Money Tree Would Not Stretch To A Burner At The Time Of Buying The Mini. Will I Need (toast) To Make The Thing Work. Cheers Any Advice Would Be Great. Teadigger

2. sickmacdoc macrumors 68020

sickmacdoc

Well a bit of searching led me to the Lite-On EZ-DUB so I am assuming that is what you bought, as I could find no reference to the model you mentioned, a "Lite-On Ez-buz".

Anyway, if it is an EZ-DUB you actually have, you should not have to use Toast with it as it is just a standard USB burner for the most part. The EZ-DUB one touch button for copying a DVD will not work as it is only supported by Windows XP or up, and the included Nero software will not either since it is Windows only as well.

In the standard burning mode, any software that can burn to disk in Mac OSX should work with it- that is Disk Utility, iDVD, iTunes, etc. as well as third party software titles such as Burn, Toast, DragonBurn, etc.

3. teadigger thread starter macrumors member

full lite-on spec

Hi THANKS FOR GETTING BACK WITH THAT INFO THE MODEL (eZAU120-16) I MUST BE MORE ACCURATE WITH MY INFO. WERE WOULD I NEED TO SAVE THE PROJECT AS I `AM EDITING IT IN I MOVIE AT PRESENT. IS IT EASIER TO DO IT INTO I DVD AS IT IS COMING OUT OF A PANASONIC DVD/VIDEO CAMERA (VDR-D160EB-S) WHICH TAKES SMALL 8CM DISCS. MANY THANKS TEADIGGER.