Will I notice a differance?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Kat King123, Dec 18, 2009.

1. Kat King123 macrumors regular

Kat King123

I have a good feeling (99% sure) that i will be getting an external monitor of 23 inches for Christmas. Its cheap (140) so it only comes with a VGA cable. Ive read that VGA can handle 1920x1080 pretty well it just depends on the type of cable or graphic card. Considering i want to get this thing up and running asap if i went with VGA all i would have to do is buy the adapter at best buy. But if i went with DVI i would have to order the cable and the adaptor off amazon cause everywhere else price are ridiculously high for dvi cables. So is there really a noticeable difference ill mostly use it to watch movies and some web browsing(no fancy photo stuff). I mean they wouldn't send it with VGA if it didn't work fully...right?

2. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

This will explain some of the confusion :)

Although if you're lazy, then here's the important part:

3. Badger^2 macrumors 68000

Badger^2

4. Kat King123 thread starter macrumors regular

Kat King123

problem is idk if i will get that monitor for xmas it may be a different one with DVI or something else all together. Still im asking has anybody tried VGA with an HD display is it really that bad? I've heard of people saying VGA to DVI made almost no difference with there 24inch displays. Plus on Amazon i can get the dvi cable(6ft) and the adapter all for 6.07$( with shipping):eek:

5. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

Personally I'd go with DVI. I've used VGA before and I can notice a difference. Although also take into account that I'm a photographer so I've trained myself to look for imperfections in photos and will probably notice a lower quality display before the average consumer. And if the display has DVI and the adapter is $6, I don't see why you wouldn't go with DVI :confused:

6. HBOC macrumors 68020

It seems most of all the manufacturers' are including HDMI AND DVI on their monitors. I bought mine in February, and it has VGA and HDMI. I am thinking of buying another one with DVI and HDMI. Would make my life a ton easier.

7. Kat King123 thread starter macrumors regular

Kat King123

Your right there really isn't any reason why i shouldn't go with it thanks for the insight

8. Badger^2 macrumors 68000

Badger^2

$6 for both?

Dont leave us hanging, give us links to great deals like that.