will i notice a difference

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by dino01, Jul 21, 2007.

1. dino01 macrumors member

hi all 1st post need your advice

i currently have a PC but have been thinking bout getting a macbook, my main problem is that i never know when to replace computer related items.

mainly i want your opinion the PC i have atm i made and wanna know if I'll honestly notice a difference in speed and general usability

my current spec is

athlon 64 2.21 GHz
    1gb ram
    geforce 7600 gs

cant think of many other main speed variables

please help I'm off to Cali from the UK next month and was gonna have a look in the San Fran apple store while I'm there

1 other thing i was looking at either the black macbook cos it would match all my other portable gadgets ipod ds lite, or the entry level macbook pro cos its only 250 quid more and appears better then the blackbook

2. noway macrumors regular

noway

let me tell you that i have this exact same components on my PC (well exept the graphic card, mine is ATI Radeon X800GT) and I got myself a SR MBP 2.2ghz
    You'll notice the difference. I sometimes have to go on my PC and bow that's a pain!!!!!

3. Zel macrumors regular

There's not a huge difference in speed, but you will notice that it is OSX and a laptop!

I thought 2gb of ram was a lot before, but programs are just so much bigger now, for instance, it comes with a trial version of some professional photography software called Aperture, and while importing all my photos in there it ate up all of my ram and used all of the cpu for over an hour. It's not a slow machine, but they make it do so much more work! I found out it was processing a few different sized thumbnails and previews for other applications!

I never tried to do so many things at once on my 1gb windows machine.

4. Royale w/cheese macrumors 6502a

Yes, I have a comparable pc, and even the first generation intel mac minis can give it a run for its money, on most things.