Will I regret upgrade?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by max90034, Oct 30, 2012.

1. max90034 macrumors newbie

I have 2012 MBA 13 (i7, 512, 8gb). It works fine for me but I keep thinking about upgrade to MBPr 13 (i7, 512, 8gb). The price is not matter at all. My main concern is that I am using my laptops with external display (30") 99% of the time. I will benefit from retina screen on the trips but, on the other hand, MPBr is 0.5 lb heavier. Will I regret the upgrade? What do you think if you moved from MBA to MBPr? Thanks.

2. cocacolakid macrumors 65816

cocacolakid

3. Orlandoech macrumors 68040

Orlandoech

I dont see any reason to upgrade but the screen is amazing. I dont think you'd regret it if you did do it. And if money isnt a factor, then by all means do it.

4. max90034 thread starter macrumors newbie

Those who moved from MBA 13 to MBPr 13, do you feel weight difference on daily usage?

5. xxcysxx macrumors 6502

yeah, you probably will regret. since you said you spend most of the time on the external monitor, you will probably not even notice you've upgraded the laptop or the retina screen for that matter. and by the time you actually start to enjoy the retina screen or the new laptop, a newer model with economical pricing is out and a better quality monitor is implemented and a better cpu is implemented, like in seven months, just like what they did to the iPad.
    just go get a cold drink and wait for the urge to go away.:D

edited: i said better quality monitor as in less image persistence and that sort of stuff, you know.