Will I screw myself by waiting to sell my iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tayloner182, Jun 4, 2008.

  1. tayloner182 macrumors member

    Mar 6, 2008
    I'm almost 100% sure I want to get the new iPhone when it comes out next week, and in order to do so I would like to be able to get some cash from selling my current iPhone. Since there are still so many details up in the air, I kind of want to wait until after Steve Jobs' keynote on Monday until I even list my iPhone on EBay. Do you think I would be able to get more money for it now, since people don't really know what Jobs is going to announce?
  2. maxxscholten macrumors regular

    Feb 28, 2008
    Why don't you post it on eBay now with a long bid time (ending after a day - a few days after the keynote).

    If you decide you don't want to get it, or want to wait longer, pull your item.. I think you can do that.. right? Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
  3. tayloner182 thread starter macrumors member

    Mar 6, 2008
    That's what I'm thinking about doing, even though I don't think you can pull items once they have been bid on. I'm thinking about posting a 3 day sale on Saturday possibly.

    My preference would be to wait and see what Apple is offering, but I'm afraid that if they are offering cheap prices or subsidies that no one will want to buy an old used iPhone on EBay when they could possibly get a brand new one for around the same price.
  4. guru_ck macrumors 6502

    Jan 24, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    Nope, you can end it regardless of how many bids are on the item as long as you do it before the last 12 hours of the auction.

  5. woodekm macrumors 65816


    Feb 24, 2008
    AHhh. Nothing like buying your own item.

    Had to do that one time for a friend because he didnt understand how Ebay worked and was afraid he wasnt going to get (and probably wouldnt have) the price he wanted for his item. Last time I helped him with ebay.
    Oh well.

Share This Page