Will i4 work on tmobile's 4g network?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by jmhagans, Dec 8, 2010.

1. jmhagans macrumors newbie

I currently have a 3gs and I am unhappy with the at&t service. I love my iphone and was thinking of going to tmobile. I see that the iphone will not work on tmobile's 3g network but I was wondering if the i4 will work on the 4g network? If so I am going the tmobile route ASAP! Any help would be appreciated.

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

No.
    BTW their so called 4G network is just a "faster" 3G still.
    So with any iphone on Tmobile you'd be stuck with 2G data only.

3. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

Not, It won't even work on the "3G".

Their 4G is HSPA+ which is expected to be on the iP5 (of course based on nothing but rumors). If that is the case I believe AT&T HSPA+ is compatible with theirs but not positive.

4. iphone1105 macrumors 68020

iphone1105

If it didnt work on their 3G, what would make you think 4G??? Come on man!

5. jmhagans thread starter macrumors newbie

Well traditionally the different levels of coverage work on different frequencies. ie. 2g-3g are on different frequencies and the iphone will work on the 2g. So that is what made me think there might be a chance. Seems logical that the possibility is worth checking out. You must be the type that thinks all pizza is the same, so there's no need to try a pizza while your in Chicago! Thanx for your help!

Thanks to all of you guys who answered with ACTUAL answers, it helped me decide to wait before I renew or switch carriers.

6. labman macrumors 604

labman

4G's network isn't even up yet a ton of my t-mobile buddies are pissed. worked in the store but that's it! talk about false advertising! :rolleyes: but hey you got your Edge on t-mobile for the I4 :p