Will iAds take a toll on our data plans?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mikemanblah, Jun 21, 2010.

1. mikemanblah macrumors regular

Will iAds affect our data plans do you think?

2. Farfooz macrumors member

Farfooz

yup because it still needs to pull data from the internet to run the iads and buffer the videos unless the advertisements ar 100% built in and never change, what do u guys think?

3. JakeyBoy macrumors member

I would say yes, i dont know how they could distinguish between Ad and non-Ad... well i mean they could, but it wouldnt be worth it for them. I say it will.

4. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

If you're downloading the content through the cell network instead of WiFi, probably. But, this would be no different than any other ad-based app, including the ones that already exist and serve ads now. Nor would it be any different from viewing an ad embedded on a web page.

In other words: ads aren't new. iAds however, probably make them more streamlined and hopefully use less data than the current alternatives. You're probably looking at a couple kilobytes, tops.

5. draz macrumors 6502a

Suddenly AT&T's statistics on the average amount of data people use has gone up..... A lot

Time to rethink that dinky data plan of yours right AT&T?

6. McGiord macrumors 601

McGiord

I hope they don't. If they do, then we are totally screwed like when we pay for cable TV and what we get is bunch of channels full of infomercials.:mad: