Will iBank work with UK Banks?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Mark Morb, Mar 25, 2008.

1. Mark Morb macrumors regular

Mark Morb

As Header, I just downloaded a trial of Moneydance and it does not list any UK banks in it's download list.
    On the iBank website it states that it will work with countries outside the US but has anyone actually tried to connect and download from a UK bank (LLoydsTSB in my instance)?

Cheers,
    Mark Morb

2. darkpaw macrumors 6502

darkpaw

I tried the beta a few days before it was released, and it didn't list LTSB.

I also stopped using because of some annoying issues:
    - It's really quite slow.
    - Importing transactions from a .qif file (an option in LTSB internet banking) tended to get progressively slow. I had to quit the app and reload it to import more than three files in a row.
    - I had a current account and a savings account. Sometimes I transfer cash between the two. When I imported the .qif data, the transactions looked like withdrawals and deposits, but I noticed you can change them to show as coming from or going to the other account. However, that simply ADDED new transactions, meaning my balance was out by thousands.

I was not impressed, but YMMV.

3. Mark Morb thread starter macrumors regular

Mark Morb

Hmmmm, those problems all sound like a real pain. I will probably try out the demo over the weekend. If it's no good then it will be back to doing it all manually on a spreadsheet.

Thanks for the reply.

Mark

4. EvanLugh macrumors 68000

EvanLugh

5. 420wicked macrumors newbie

No UK banks not even the big ones like barclays... useless... trust me