Will iMac refreshes still come out in April?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by rocknblogger, Feb 18, 2012.

1. rocknblogger macrumors 68020

rocknblogger

With Intel's announcement do you think that the 2012 iMacs will still come out in April?

What do think might be the earliest based on past years?

2. eagandale4114 macrumors 65816

eagandale4114

With intel's announcement and Mountain Lion we should probably see a delay in the update cycle.
    Unless :apple: gets the initial run and decides to go ahead with the release anyway.

3. rocknblogger thread starter macrumors 68020

rocknblogger

I know it's all conjecture and wild guesses, but do you think it will be later than May or June?

I'm ready to buy now but I was hoping to see the refresh. But if it's another 3-4 months a think I'll just pull the trigger now.

4. Puevlo macrumors 6502a

5. Rogue. macrumors regular

Apple still released the 2011 iMac after Lion was announced and before launched. A new OS release will not affect the new iMac, especially as its so easy to upgrade.

6. old-wiz macrumors G3

Apple won't either announce or release a new iMac or MBP or MBA until Intel gives them a good supply of chips. Even "limited numbers" of Ivy Bridge chips wouldn't be enough to introduce new systems.

7. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

A limited number would be good enough for the new Mac Pro though.

8. paduck macrumors 6502

Well, sometimes Apple gets advanced chipsets early from Intel, so I think April is still a possibility. They are definitely in the zone for a refresh. I imagine they will certainly have something out by July.

9. Logos327 macrumors 6502

There have been loads of rumors flying around including the delay (again) of IB processors though some have said this only applies to mobile and ultrabook processors. That rumor came days after an article mentioned Intel had an announcement planned for March 6th so who knows about that either.

We do know it is unlikely ML will hold back the iMacs because we didn't see that behavior last year.

I think April is more likely than June as some people would like to say. Really, we just need to wait until the release of the iPad 3 because, until then, that is what the leak/rumor mill is focused on.

10. Ayemerica macrumors demi-god

Ayemerica

I am really thinking April. Big iPad 3 in march, then a refresh of the iMac in April would set apple up for another record breaking year.