Will image retention worsen by time? Please Help

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by m.bico, Jan 6, 2015.

1. m.bico macrumors newbie

m.bico

While editing on photoshop i noticed something that thought to be dirt and turned out to be the u from uTorrent icon in my dock!

Then i did the image retention test and after the 10 minutes i found a very faint checkerboard on my grey background. Then i thought maybe it's just my eyes and then i still see it for days even while writing in fullscreen with the white background! To be honest it's faint and sometimes almost unnoticeable specially on other backgrounds..but i can definitely spot the black from white in checkerboard persistence while writing and i write a lot.

I like the rMBP overall..great speed and sound quality..and the display of course (obviously except for this issue)..but I design and write ALOT..and I'm afraid it will be much worse later! BTW I just got it on christmas day..so i'm afraid if it happened too soon like this may happen more severely later.

Please note before asking me to return it that i live in Egypt and i bought it from the US so it's practically impossible.

My question is: Will it worsen overtime from your experience?

I know you may say "You can just return it to apple in your country" but as i said it's not very easy even if we have here official distributer and service center..As the last thing anyone cares about here in my beloved country is customers rights! If i have to i will go through a lot of pain with them..so what do you think?
    Thanks in advance

BTW The apple logo light on the back of the display has a pinkish hue

Model: The 15 inch "Supposed to be the high end one" mid 2014. LG Display unfortunately! Running OS X Yosemite

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

From what I see on this forum, it may get worse as time goes on. I've seen some people wishing they got their machines looked at when it was in warranty as the IR became worse as time went one.

3. m.bico thread starter macrumors newbie

m.bico

Thanks for replying. I contacted the vendor to return it and was asked about the blank warranty cards..what is this?? I had MacBooks before and never noticed any warranty cards or papers..only manuals and apple logo stickers..and I never checked for it as I didn't need any fix except for the failing gpu on the infamous 2011 model which arised years after warranty expired as happened to many..and because of this I'm afraid of going through the same agony again.

So please confirm if there's any warranty cards or papers in the box?

And second question: What's meant by the same condition as sold? I did use it but it's in a perfect condition. And I have the original manufacturer's packaging, of course I unpacked it :) so is there any problem here?

4. snaky69 macrumors 603

You bought it this Christmas?

That means you have a warranty. Use it. You don't have to return it, you could simply have it repaired by having the screen replaced.

There are no warranty cards or papers in the box. The warranty is linked to the machine's serial number, is international and follows the machine, not the owner.

5. m.bico thread starter macrumors newbie

m.bico

Thanks a lot. That's what i thought about..when entered the serial earlier to know the production week..maybe the vendor's customer service was just replying by generic answers. Thanks again