Will Imail cause any conflicts with my email protocols?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Bankaimadness, Sep 4, 2010.

1. Bankaimadness macrumors 6502

Say for example, I put in my email accounts and protocols on Imail. What will happen if I decided to check my email on another computer?

Will putting your mail account on Imail cause any conflicts getting mail via the web.

So say when you sync your mail from your email account, does it save backups of those mail on the web server for say Hotmail or Yahoo?

2. TopHatPlus macrumors 6502

if you sync your email accs with mac mail and you just sue that for like 2 months and you erase and organize your emails, when you sign into hotmail.com or yahoo or gmail in other programs those emails will be in those accs as though you never read them, it does not sync all of your accs and servers it just gathers all your accs in one organized spot.

3. Bankaimadness thread starter macrumors 6502

ok So it is not like outlook express where they download the mail from the servers and never leave backup right?

4. TopHatPlus macrumors 6502

well why don't you try it, add your acc to i mail have someone send you an email, and open that email in both applications, you can then delete it off of imail and it will still be there on your other =D

if you don't like it you can remove the acc and just exit the program.

5. Bankaimadness thread starter macrumors 6502

Haha thanks for all your help.

6. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

If you have your own proprietary e-mail protocols then yes, it is safe to say that Apple Mail is going to have/cause problems.