Will initial iPhone sales in the UK be underwhelming?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jshbckr, Sep 18, 2007.

1. jshbckr macrumors 6502

Looking at the positive/negative ratings on the UK iPhone announcement update, there seem to be quite a few people who are upset with the high rates and lack of 3G. Add that to the reaction from customers regarding the drastic and sudden price drop of the iPhone in America, how well do you think the iPhone will take off in the UK?

I wouldn't be surprised if America's price drop results in poor initial sales in the UK, since people won't be willing to pay the already high monthly rates and take a hit on the iPhone's mega-early-adopter fee.

2. Sobe macrumors 68000

Sobe

3. mobilehavoc macrumors 6502

mobilehavoc

People amuse me to no end....because folks who visit a Macrumor website or Engadget or the like are a good indicator of the general population????

If I remember right, just as many people bitched and complained when they announced the original US iPhone without 3G yet they sold 1 million in 74 days.

Yeah, I think it'll sell just fine...I think what will get people to jump on it would be the free WiFi that comes with it at 7,500 hotspots. I'd love to have that in the US!!

4. BoyBach macrumors 68040

BoyBach

I agree.

The iPhone will be one of the 'in-demand' items this Christmas.

5. ivi7 macrumors 6502a

ivi7

I think it would do well. People love new expensive phones there;)