Will iOS 12 be worth it from jailbreak ?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by max2, Jun 9, 2018.

1. eoblaed macrumors 68020

eoblaed

I don’t know what “worth it from jailbreak” means, but in general “is XX worth it” is extremely subjective. You’re really the only person to know if something is ‘worth it’ to you.

2. az431 macrumors 6502a

az431

This thread supports the need for a thumbs down button.

3. thadoggfather macrumors G4

thadoggfather

What version are you on?

And what do you *personally* get out of jailbreak?

I’m sure this is going to be a widely subjective thing that no one person could answer but you

4. srf4real macrumors 68040

srf4real

Check the iOS 12 beta testers’ posts. Probably in iOS sub, not jailbreaks. Then you can decide for yourself if the advantages outweigh the disadvantages. Personally on 10.3.1 hoping for an Electra. Having seen what advertisers are up to these days, I’ll never give up a jb again I miss adblocker soooo much..

5. thadoggfather macrumors G4

thadoggfather

You do know you can get Firefox focus and go to settings-> safari -> content blocker, right?

At least for web browsing portion of things

6. eoblaed macrumors 68020

eoblaed

Adblockers have been a thing for a long time now. No reason to jailbreak for that.

7. srf4real macrumors 68040

srf4real

I do most of my browsing “in app” where Apple sanctioned ad blockers typically have no effect. I see banner ads nowhere when I’m jailbroken. And apparrently, all my favorite apps have gone insane with banner ads and placement while I was happily oblivious. I consider that an excellent reason...

8. redbeard331 macrumors 6502a

redbeard331

No, iOS 12 hardly has any changes, group notifications are the only thing different from iOS 11 that I could even notice. You’ll be real disappointed if you go from a jailbroken device to stock iOS 12.