Will IOS 5 recognize other iPhones automatically?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by amazingdm, Jul 17, 2011.

1. amazingdm macrumors 6502

Will it just KNOW that they are iphones, or do you have to manually tell it that the person you're talking to has an iphone?

2. kolax macrumors G3

Are you talking about when you add a new contact? It won't know.. you can't determine someone's phone model from their phone number, unless they were to exchange data.

3. blesio macrumors regular

You have to say out loud while dialing that person: call iPhone, that will do it.
    :D

4. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

there's bump.... could try using that but of course you both need to have bump for it to work

5. amazingdm thread starter macrumors 6502

Maybe you all aren't sure what I mean.

with iMessage, there are special text features if you are talking to another iphone. Will your iphone know the person you are talking to is using an iphone?

6. kolax macrumors G3

Yes, it will know.

7. BergerFan macrumors 68020

BergerFan

I've noticed a lot additions to iOS lately, that simply wouldn't have occurred if the iPhone was still tied to one carrier in the US.
    I'm sure AT&T had a lot to with holding certain features, back, but once Verizon came on board, Apple effectively are saying "It our way, or you can choose to not have the iPhone on your network."
    There's no way in hell, that AT&T would've allowed iMessage to happen, a year ago.

8. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

it checks when you enter the number if the recipient is an iPhone with iMessage before it sends and will auto change to iMessage when the phone responds it is