Will iOS 8.1 also be a bag of hurt?

Razeus

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
I know it's in beta and people are reported it stable, but they said the same thing during iOS 8.0 and yet what we got on release as something different. How is iOS 8.1 really? Is it still a bag of hurt?

SMIDG3T

Suspended
Apr 29, 2012
England
I don't care about features at this point.

iOS 8.1 will include a lot of bug fixes and I'm more than happy with that.

LongDuck

macrumors newbie
Oct 14, 2014
I know it's in beta and people are reported it stable, but they said the same thing during iOS 8.0 and yet what we got on release as something different. How is iOS 8.1 really? Is it still a bag of hurt?
Love this title. I agree. How many IOS X.X is awesome! Perfect! Super Stable! Bug Free! Safari is Snappier! Only to have it riddled with glitches, hiccups and bugs.

nikicampos

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2011
No no no, just get an Android and be happy, every post you make... :rolleyes:

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
iOS 8 is a bag of hurt.
8.1 better have the Motherload of bug fixes. This is ridiculous.
------------

No no no, just get an Android and be happy, every post you make... :rolleyes:
I also wonder why that poster is using Apple devices. If his posts/threads are any indication, he is miserable using the Apple platform. :eek:

Last edited:

Razeus

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
------------

I also wonder why that poster is using Apple devices. If his posts/threads are any indication, he is miserable using the Apple platform. :eek:
I guess I'm miserable since iOS 8. I mean, the screen doesn't rotate on the dime on the iPhone 6 Plus. The music skips when I switch to the music app. I get overlapping displays when switching from one app to another. Sharing extensions get reset to default.

What I was I thinking? iOS 8 is perfect.

I mean, heaven forbid I voice my opinion right?

Last edited:

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
I guess I'm miserable since iOS 8. I mean, the screen doesn't rotate on the time on the iPhone 6 Plus. The music skips when I switch to the music app. I get overlapping displays when switching from one app to another. Sharing extensions get reset to default.

What I was I thinking? iOS 8 is perfect.

I mean, heaven forbid I voice my opinion right?
Of course it's far from perfect. And of course, anyone and everyone can post an opinion.

But when a poster has nothing but negative posts, perhaps they are using the wrong products.

Perhaps you will see improvement with 8.1

ender21

macrumors 6502
Jul 15, 2010
Southern Cal
Of course it's far from perfect. And of course, anyone and everyone can post an opinion.

But when a poster has nothing but negative posts, perhaps they are using the wrong products.

People tend to use a feedback utility more often when they seek improvement on something than when something is all roses.

I prefer those with issues to voice them (whether I agree or not) because that moves the needle more than not voicing them or merely switching to some other product does.

Additionally many people voice their negative experiences because they DO like the product(s) and DO want them to be better. It's wholly optional to pay attention to them.

Razeus

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008

Don't associate my negative with my dislike of the product. Don't be a negative Nancy. I complain because I care.

lelisa13p

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2009
Atlanta, GA USA
Perhaps you've complained about this enough and should just see what happens?

*dons flame retardant suit*

For the record, my iPhone 6 is the bee's knees (iOS 8.0.2).

Razeus

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
I suspect Apple needs to know this release needs to be damn near perfect, given the heat they've been taking regarding software quality.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Will it? Who knows the future. We'll see after it's released. As far as how the betas have been, there are various threads discussing that (although they aren't the final release, so there's that to account for as well).

Paddle1

macrumors 68040
May 1, 2013
With iOS 8.1, Apple hasn't had time to dismantle the OS very much, breaking things (This also means there won't be huge improvements). As it's exactly 1 month later don't expect many differences, it's mostly just going to be bug fixes and held back features like Apple Pay.

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Nov 23, 2011
I suspect Apple needs to know this release needs to be damn near perfect, given the heat they've been taking regarding software quality.
Funny if Android released with the same bugs, the media wouldn't even pick up on the story, but Apple does and everything is "xxxx-gate, Apple's disastrous release" in the media, lol.

But then again I guess it's not as big of a deal because the crowd at Google stores (Best Buy) will be about 10 deep instead of 1000 deep like Apple on launch day.

NoHo

macrumors 6502
Aug 2, 2011
As long as they can fix safari so it's not so damn slow to load pages I would be so happy.