Will iOS 9.3.3 Be The Next Snow Leopard?

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by now i see it, Jun 19, 2016.

1. now i see it macrumors 65816

iOS 10 is right around the corner. What say ye?

2. Rhonindk macrumors 68020

Rhonindk

If it is majorly broken according to Apple we may see some additional improvement. Not counting on it. :(

3. Altis macrumors 68000

iOS 6 is the Snow Leopard. It's by far the fastest when it comes to navigating the OS.

4. Yun0 macrumors 65816

Yun0

:confused::rolleyes:

5. Altis macrumors 68000

Roll your eyes all you want... My iPhone 6 on iOS 9 is much slower at getting around than my 4S or 5 on iOS 6.

I wish this weren't the case. It's quite sad considering how much more powerful the 6/6S are.

6. Rhonindk macrumors 68020

Rhonindk

If you can turn off the "animations" the speedup is extreme. I bet much would not beat it.

7. Altis macrumors 68000

Absolutely. If you could disable the animations, and more critically, the delay where nothing responds while the animation is "playing", it would be faster.

I've heard this can be done with a jailbreak though.

8. Yun0 macrumors 65816

Yun0

comparing ios 6 to 7+ is completely unfair anyway.. its like comparing windows 98 OMG SO LIGHT WEIGHT SO FAST bla bla, to windows 7. which is also super fast & stable, long as its not on the oldest of old hardware..

theres also reduce motion, reduce transparency..turning those on does alot, & also puts its visuals more along the line of ios 6 look.

9. OGPrince macrumors regular

OGPrince

And you also have to deal with input blocking

10. typicaluser macrumors regular

Just want to show my envy for these two of your devices. I wish I had kept my 5 on iOS 6:(

11. Altis macrumors 68000

You can still put iOS 6 on the 4S. The 5 is my girlfriend's, and she absolutely refuses to update it... that is, until it needs to be restored for some reason and she has no choice.
    --- Post Merged, Jun 21, 2016 ---
    It isn't really the same considering the iPhone 6 is claimed to be far, far more powerful than the iPhone 4S.

While iOS 7+ does a few more things, things like navigating the OS and apps like iMessage shouldn't be much slower -- certainly not on the newer hardware.

The reality is that the blocked input delays have nothing to do with device performance. They're baked into the OS, and Apple could fix it if they could be bothered.

12. iOSUser7 macrumors 6502a

iOSUser7

/thread

13. Beeplance macrumors 65816

Beeplance

Unfortunately, without the detail-obsessive Scott Forstall heading the iOS development team, we'll have to contend with the current state of iOS. I have reason to believe if Forstall was still around, quality control on animations, lag and bugs would have been better. I miss the iOS 6 days, even with skeuomorphic designs.

Craig is a good leader with ideas for the iOS team, but his approach is very different from Scott. Sometimes not in a good way.

14. Altis macrumors 68000

That's a good point. One thing I've learned is that people who are very detail-oriented are often seen as unlikable, or too demanding/difficult to please. However, they deliver much better results, especially with regards to user experience.