Will iOS 9 Beta get Apple Pay in the UK?

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by Hustler1337, Jun 28, 2015.

1. Hustler1337 macrumors 65816

Hustler1337

Hi Guys,

As you may know Apple announced in the WWDC that Apple Pay will be (finally) coming to the UK in July. As I've got iOS 9 beta installed, what is the likelihood that Apple Pay will be active and working on the beta?

I don't really wish to downgrade to iOS 8.4 just to use/try out Apple Pay, but if its not available on the beta, I may have to downgrade.

Thanks ;)

Edit: Do those of you in the US with iOS 9 beta have Apple Pay working?

2. iGeek2014, Jun 28, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2015

iGeek2014 macrumors 68000

I briefly tried iOS 9 on my iPad Air 2. Changing the region to United States brought up the Apple Pay 'feature' under Settings so I'd hazard a guess and say once it's activated (by Apple & the banks) it'll work under the UK region setting also.

My Santander Visa Debit card and 123 MasterCard have the Terms ready (when I tried it on 8.4) so they are pretty much good to go.

Attached Files:

3. spooky2k macrumors 6502a

No one will know until it launches...

4. Lobwedgephil macrumors 68030

Yes, Apple Pay is working in the U.S. on iOS 9 betas.

5. dspalton macrumors 6502a

I'm a dev, but if you have any UK questions wife works at an institution in the UK can bounce some AQ's to her if it helps?

Dave

6. Davstaylor macrumors regular

Davstaylor

This makes me question when in July Apple Pay UK will be launched, it said July, but no date so does this mean the 1st July as the T&C's are good to go, would make sense for it to be included in the 8.4 update/9.0 new seed with Apple Music, or not?

7. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

My bank (first direct) has confirmed 1st and doing so openly if you speak to them. They seem very much geared up for that date.

8. Davstaylor macrumors regular

Davstaylor

Ahhh, well that's good too know! thank you for the information. I am have a feeling tomorrow's update will probably enable it for us then.