Will iOS 9 public beta be invite only like 8.3 and 8.4?

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by nj-morris, Apr 27, 2015.

1. nj-morris macrumors 68000

nj-morris

I would be annoyed if it was. I don't want to wait till August/September.

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

No one really knows until Apple announces or does something in relation to iOS 9 betas.

3. joeypom macrumors newbie

Do you know if more people were invited for the public betas of 8.4?

4. xero9 macrumors 6502a

I didn't think there was a limit? As in if you want to join the beta you can, and you'll get each beta release that comes out.

I'm pretty sure you'd hear people on the forums screaming bloody murder if they were still waiting for their beta invite..

5. nj-morris thread starter macrumors 68000

nj-morris

Do you have a link? With the 8.3 beta I clicked on the links, and they all brought me to the OS X beta. People on the forum said it was invite only. I think it was the same with 8.4

6. kmj2318 macrumors 68000

kmj2318

Only some people were given access to the public beta. Some people think that Apple only gave the public beta to people that submitted feedback for the public beta on OS X, but no one really knows. But there's another way to get it by downloading the configuration profile.

I'm assuming that iOS 9 will be the same.

7. C DM macrumors Westmere

Many have been talking about not getting it after signing up. It seems by invite only and not everyone by far has been invited.

8. lagwagon Suspended

lagwagon

I would assume anyone who had access to 8.3 and 8.4 through Apple's public beta program will also have access to iOS 9 once released in the public beta. I would also assume that since iOS 9 is a much larger release vs 8.3 and 8.4 Apple will open up more accounts who are in the OSX beta to gain access to iOS beta.

9. PsykX macrumors 6502a

PsykX

You'll be mad if you try all the betas and you're not a developer.

I get mad trying all the betas, BEING a developer, so you can only imagine...

10. daijholt macrumors 6502a

daijholt

Agreed. It's great having access to the software ahead of time, but unless you actually plan to submit feedback based on your experiences with it, you're the wrong person to be getting access in the first place.

I don't mean that in a nasty way, it's just that the whole point of the beta program is to gain feedback from regular users before releasing it to everyone, in the hopes it'll help weed out some of those annoying bugs.

11. Ferc Kast macrumors regular

Ferc Kast

My two cents: I hope Apple's iOS 9 public beta will be more like the Win 10 Insider Preview. Especially where any can join without having to pay a fee for access, and be able to submit feedback which would be acted upon. I know that likely access be the case, but I still wish it would be.