Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KHC831

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 15, 2011
all the features i jailbreak for are in the new iOS. anyone else feel this way?

porcupine8

macrumors 6502a
Mar 2, 2011
Still no accessible filesystem, and it was made clear that apple has no intention of ever adding one - that's something a lot of people jailbreak for.

KHC831

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 15, 2011
Still no accessible filesystem, and it was made clear that apple has no intention of ever adding one - that's something a lot of people jailbreak for.

yeah the filessytem will never happen. i'm referring to features like new text msg, photo editor, wifi snyc, lockin etc. they cost a few bucks in cyida but will be free in iOS 5.

Cant help but think the folks at Apple are really taking/learning ideas from the JB community

gpat

macrumors 68000
Mar 1, 2011
Italy
the real jailbreak killer is the OTA upgrading. If you truly want to enjoy it, you are going to experience a lot of difficulties with JB data.

WeegieMac

Jan 29, 2008
Glasgow, UK
With Apple adding over the air updates which only change the files that need changed, as opposed to downloading an entire ipsw file that contains the full OS, Jailbreaking is going to face some challenges to continue on iOS 5.

NunnOtha

macrumors member
Feb 28, 2011
Indianapolis, IN
With Apple adding over the air updates which only change the files that need changed, as opposed to downloading an entire ipsw file that contains the full OS, Jailbreaking is going to face some challenges to continue on iOS 5.

same thing i was thinking. they think theyre having problems now with A5, wait til iOs5 smh

kalex

macrumors 65816
Oct 1, 2007

What makes you think that its not going to be provided using OTA :)

bobright

macrumors 601
Jun 29, 2010
the real jailbreak killer is the OTA upgrading. If you truly want to enjoy it, you are going to experience a lot of difficulties with JB data.

Some updates are even crappier hell I'd like the option to disable certain updates/notifications if ya ask me

Advil

macrumors 6502a
Oct 4, 2008
if they would have introduced a quick-reply for sms feature like biteSMS i would hold off jailbreaking.

but i do love themes, sbsettings, mywi, lockinfo, infinifolders etc...

mlts22

macrumors 6502a
Oct 28, 2008
I just want the ability to back up and archive save games so I can restore Angry Birds or Chaos Rings without having to completely reload my iPhone.

BlindMellon

macrumors 65816
Apr 4, 2011
iOS5 will kill jailbreaking for me when they have themes, let me move icons where I want, access to the file system and a few other things, but they're getting closer.

lokerd

macrumors 6502a
May 2, 2010
Beaumont
I currently am still on 4.2.1, JBed. I haven't ad time to research and go fwd with upgrading to 4.3.3.

Would it best to wait to see if a quick JB is released for 5?

By the sounds of this thread, it might be best to get to 4.3.3 and sit tight.

Thought??

lyceumHQ

macrumors 68000
Aug 4, 2010
I think unless iOS5 has something like SBSettings, bite SMS's quick reply, iFile and winterboard people will still jailbreak.

I love themes. I don't want my iphone UI to look like everyone elses. Whenever I've gotten a phone, the first thing I've done is theme is. Make it feel more like mine.

And I don't want to have to close whatever I'm doing, then go into messages just to reply to a text. quick reply is perfect.

And I truly hate being without SBSettings. Everything just seems to take longer without it. Turning on wifi, 3g, removing background apps. clearing safari etc.

I don't see myself every not jailbreaking unless apple integrate a huge amount of the available JB tweaks.

And TBH, Even of they do, there will be plenty of stuff we want to do but can't. I believe JB is here to stay.

lyceumHQ

macrumors 68000
Aug 4, 2010
I currently am still on 4.2.1, JBed. I haven't ad time to research and go fwd with upgrading to 4.3.3.

Would it best to wait to see if a quick JB is released for 5?

By the sounds of this thread, it might be best to get to 4.3.3 and sit tight.

Thought??

I've found zero problems with 4.3.3. If I were you I'd go to that and wait for the iOS5 JB.

That's my plan too.

engelke2010

macrumors 65816
Mar 28, 2010
I've found zero problems with 4.3.3. If I were you I'd go to that and wait for the iOS5 JB.

That's my plan too.

I'm probably going to update to 4.3.3 also. However, the jailbreak will cover 4.3.3 also, so at least I won't have to wait until 5.0 to jailbreak once I do update.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.