Will ip4 with bumper fit in univ dock w/ no adapter?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Lostsol, Jul 1, 2010.

1. Lostsol macrumors regular

I have never seen the universal dock out of the box. I know it has several adapters that snap in place to fit different models of iPod or iPhone. But it looks like if you didn't put any adapter on, it just leaves a larger open space. I know it might not fit perfect but will the iPhone 4 with a bumper fit and have support to stand without too much pressure on the connector?
    Just asking if someone with the dock and bumper could see if it's possible. I'd like to be able to dock my iPhone without having to remove the bumper.

2. SiftWinnow macrumors member

Yes, it fits fine. In fact, you can rig up the universal dock a bit by placing the iPhone 4 with Bumper in it, and then taping something like a trimmed white business card with the the blank side up right behind the iPhone.

Doing that adds a bit of support to the iPhone in the dock and helps you insert it right into the connector every time without having to move it around first.

3. Lostsol thread starter macrumors regular

Siftwinnow: Thank you. That was exactly what I was hoping. I have marginal reception in my house but keeping it in the dock improves it quite a bit. I've actually been using my 2g dock and the new iPhone fits just fine but not with bumper or griffin touch vue case (which is similar size to bumper). I'm assuming the universal dock will boost the reception like rhe 2g version so I will give it a try.