Will iPad 2 be out in UK same date as the US?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by The Game 161, Feb 25, 2011.

1. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

Wasn't sure if I would be able to get the iPad 2 on march 2nd or not

2. MacMonkee macrumors regular

MacMonkee

I'm not sure it will be available on March 2nd but I really hope we get it the same time as the US...I can't wait any longer! :eek:

3. poloponies macrumors 68030

NOBODY's sure they can have it on March 2. It's an announcement date. They'll likely announce when you'll be able to get it.

4. woodsy macrumors newbie

iPad 2 will probably be out in April. The release usually takes 3-4 weeks from the press event.

5. Piggie macrumors 604

Piggie

I think we are hoping for a new iPad announcement on the 2nd. No-one knows when something will be available for sale though.

6. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

It's not very often they have immediate availability, and when the ipad 2 is likely to have a worldwide launch this time round rather than staggered (a staggered release will KILL existing iPad sales in countries excluded from the initial launch window) it looks like it will be end of march - mid April before we see them on the shelves and shipping.

7. Piggie macrumors 604

Piggie

You make a good point.

Like the way iPad1 has only just been launched in some areas, and I guess other places don't even have that yet.

I really cannot see iPad1's being sold for months and months in some areas of the world, whilst other areas get iPad2's

Perhaps iPad2 has been in production for quite some time and they have been building up massive stocks so they can supply all their current markets with the new models around the same time?

8. BergerFan macrumors 68020

BergerFan

Considering some countries only got the iPad 2 or 3 months ago, this tells me that the primary markets(US, Europe, Canada, Australia, etc), will get it at the same time, and the others regions will see it, according to whatever Apple's order of relevance is.

9. nomik2 macrumors regular

Hopefully soon, they didn't have to worry about cannibalizing sales for any products for the first iPad. But now they run that risk...

10. v66jack macrumors 6502a

v66jack

Depends on how quickly they can make them I guess. Apple must have an idea of how many they will sell in each country. So if they can get enough made they will have a global roll-out, if not then we will all have to wait outside the US.