Will iPad 2 break 1 million sales in first week?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by PracticalMac, Mar 11, 2011.

?

Will Apple have more then 1 million iPad2 in sales in first week?

Poll closed Mar 18, 2011.
  1. YES!

38 vote(s)
    61.3%
  2. No

15 vote(s)
    24.2%
  3. no idea

2 vote(s)
    3.2%
  4. I don't give a carp

7 vote(s)
    11.3%
  1. PracticalMac, Mar 11, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2011
  2. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

Last year it took Apple 28 Days to reach 1 Million sales of the iPad after it launched, and if my math is correct (and based on last quarter earnings), Apple is currently selling about 500,000 iPads a week.

My opinion, I don't know. It would be impressive though and you know Apple would like to just so that it can send out a Press Release to celebrate their achievement (and as a middle finger to competitors).

3. anonymous6237 macrumors 6502

anonymous6237

I have a hard time seeing them breaking 1 million but considering it's Apple, I wouldn't be surprised.

4. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

5. bossxii macrumors 68000

I think it has a shot, mainly due to the fact of how well the original sold and now people know what it is. I think 1 million will happen IF they have the supply in the stores.

6. camelsnot macrumors 6502

camelsnot

They won't.. but they will announce that that they have "shipped over 1 million", even if that really means moved units from China to stores, or moved parts of ipad2s from different factories for assembly. I mean, shouldn't parts of ipads count too? Apple will think so.

Apple is good at fudging numbers to put on a hard media-centric front. $teve is a great used car salesman!! :apple:

7. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

I dont think so, but I wouldn't be surprised if they did.

8. basesloaded190 macrumors 68030

basesloaded190

I doubt they will say that seeing as though Jobs put up a quote mocking Samsung about the fact that they had shipped so many, but hadn't actually sold that much.

Attached Files:

9. OatmealRocks macrumors 6502a

HAHAHAHHAHA! You are misinformed. That is the competitor(s) playing that game. Not Apple.

10. PracticalMac thread starter macrumors 68030

PracticalMac

Put my parents order in!

Last year it was new and the people that knew wondered if it would be any good.

Today everyone knows about iPad, and it was blasted across the news outlets.
    iPad is in Wallymart, Target, BestBuy, Frys, Microcenter, and countless websites.

And IIRC, the iPad sales picked up a few weeks after launch, with the best sales happening just before Christmas.

So, 1 million sales in 7 days? Possible.

11. PracticalMac thread starter macrumors 68030

PracticalMac

Seems like the reason iP2 may not break 1mill is lack of supply, not lack of customers.

12. tigres macrumors 68040

tigres

How can they break 1m if everyone ran out of stock? By recent forum posts, it was short to begin with, and a mystery to all when replenishments are to arrive.

Seems like quite a lofty goal with shortages out of the gate.

13. foodle macrumors 6502

No, because they won't have 1 million to sell in the first week. Looks like almost all available initial stock has been sold, which totals around 500,000 by best estimates.

14. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Go back and read the press releases. Here's a hint, they use the word sold, not shipped.