Will iPad 3 be your first iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by arcite, Feb 29, 2012.

?

Will iPad 3 be your first iPad?

Poll closed Mar 7, 2012.
  1. Yes! This is the one!

62 vote(s)
    49.6%
  2. No! Just upgrading, nothing to see here...

56 vote(s)
    44.8%
  3. No iPad 3 for me, waiting for iPad 4

7 vote(s)
    5.6%
  1. arcite macrumors 6502a

arcite

Cairo, trapped in a pyramid with my iphone
    I'm glad I waited, well actually not so glad, but I'm going to be getting one now! :D

2. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

Yes, the iPad 3 will be my first iPad. My credit card is standing by.

3. chrisbetty macrumors 6502

Quite possibly may be my first,I was considering buying an iPad 2 back in July but things came up and never pondered on the idea of purchasing one since then

4. RowdyYates macrumors member

RowdyYates

Yes, my 1st iPad. Apple gift card in-hand anxiously waiting.

My only heart burn will be the lack of 4G if it is left out this time.

5. RenoG macrumors 65816

Yup, but only if it has the retina display other wise a used ipad2 will be my first.

6. Dr. McKay macrumors 6502a

It will be my first. However, if iPad 2 stays around at a lower price point, I might consider that...

7. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

8. iSolidus macrumors member

iSolidus

This is going to be my first. With the first iPad, I missed a camera for video chat. With the second one, I missed a Retina display. Now with the iPad 3, it's everything I want it to be.

9. iDrew87 macrumors member

This will be my first no matter whatever the outcome of the model brings. I am looking forward to finally owning a tablet, especially waking up the morning with access to everything one swift touch ie News, Mails etc instead of dragging my macbook pro, turning it on etc too much energy for the mornings lol!

10. Doombringer macrumors regular

Yes, it will. My first tablet, as well.

I've been long mired in the world of PC laptops and recently realized I could enjoy my time away from my desktop a lot more with a tablet. Everything I do on a clunky laptop I can do on a tablet. Specifically, an iPad. The Android tablets haven't wowed me -- I have an Android smartphone, and that too isn't spectacular. I'll be moving to an iPhone sometime this year.

I'm glad I waited. The Retina display will be killer, and I suspect I'll have the iPad 3 for at least a few years, so it will be a good investment. Apple isn't going anywhere but up.

Nothing against Google or MS... I think their Android and Win8 platforms are pretty great. Just not my thing. :apple:

11. BigFatCow macrumors newbie

Just got approved for Barclaycard yesterday. I figure a 64gb with 3G or LTE and a smart cover will get me to the 12 months 0 interest financing. Woohoo!!!

12. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

If you sell them each generation at the right time, what has it cost you? 250 at the most? Good deal to me.

13. iDvisic macrumors member

It will be mine. I've long been of the opinion that tablet computers--while certainly nice sleek pieces of gear--simply didn't fill a gap for me. I have my iPhone for quick, ultra-mobile tasks, my MBP for more robust needs and coffeeshop writing, and my Mac Pro for editing (I'm a photographer and writer).

Then my mom got an iPad 2 for Christmas. I've been using it off and on for a couple of months now (I'm staying with my mom, grandma and stepdad because they've had numerous health issues--heart attacks, major surgeries, etc.)...and I'm rather hooked. I can see numerous ways it could fit into my workflow.

Still, I probably wouldn't be getting one...but my 95 year old grandmother wants to buy me one as thanks for staying up here for 6 months as essentially a live-in nurse. I said "no" for weeks, until my mom said, "She really wants to do this for you. Just let her."

So, I guess I'm getting an iPad. :p

-->iDv.

14. chipmac64 macrumors newbie

Yup this will be my first. But I'm still wavering between the iPad3 and a discounted iPad2. The determining factor will probably be how much of an upgrade the 3 is over the 2. If all they add is a higher res display and keep the same cameras, memory, storage and basic dual core cpu then I might just get a discounted iPad2.

15. BiggAW macrumors 68020

Yup. Realized one would be good for some magazines and such. Debating getting 4G version for GPS, but probably not, as there's not much use for the GPS on it. Wifi version should be fine. No point in subscribing to 4G data, as I can get enhanced 3G through MiWi on my iPhone.

16. Dr McKay macrumors 68040

Dr McKay

Bought the iPad 1 at launch, decided to skip the iPad 2. And may get the iPad 3, but I might wait to see what kind of Windows 8 tablets start coming out.

17. Philthy84 macrumors member

The iPad 3 or whatever they decide to call will be my first tablet purchase. I have my iPhone 4 and MBP 15" but have been wanting a tablet for reading/web browsing while laying down in bed before going to sleep. Right now I use my iPhone for this purpose but it's just to small and starts to hurt my eyes after 30mins. I've actually been wanting an iPad for a while but just trying to hold out till the new model is released. The waiting is getting harder everyday we get closer to the Apple announcement.

I have a question though not sure if anyone would be able to answer. For the past 2 releases of the iPad and iPad 2 did Best Buy stores have them in stock the same day as Apple stores or did they not start selling them for a while? I have about $500 in gift cards/reward certificates for Best Buy so I'd like to buy my iPad there and get their accidental damage warranty. Thanks, for anyone who can help.

18. PerfectDB macrumors regular

The 3 will be my first - A Retina Display alone is enough to tempt me to take plunge, and give my Macbook Pro some well deserved R&R.

Retina aside, the only other thing on my wishlist is a 128GB model. I'm not fussed either way if it's dual/quad core so long as it's fast, and I wouldn't benefit from LTE as it's non-existent in the UK.

Looking forward to the announcement.:D

19. Dr. McKay macrumors 6502a

LTE or 4G doesn't matter to me. iPad 2 or 3, I'm getting a Wifi-only version...

20. davys macrumors regular

First for me, and I can't wait. Not been this excited about a new product for years - feel like a kid again!:p

21. wwooden macrumors 68000

wwooden

Same.

22. jackwins macrumors regular

This will be #3 for me as well. I know, I know, sad but true :(

:D:D:D

23. Ugg macrumors 68000

Ugg

Same here. I'll want to actually see the new screen before making a decision though.

24. dlimes13 macrumors 6502a

dlimes13

My 3rd (6th).

I had two iPad 1's and three iPad 2's. Kept deciding I did then didn't want one. Lost I think $5 over the entire process, but this one I will keep until iPad 4 is near. I have so many uses for it now.

25. WARSTIN macrumors member

I'm still undecided if i'm getting it or not, but if i do, yes it will be my first.