Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Gix1k

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 16, 2008
Curious if the remaining stock of iPad 3s will decrease in price by $100 or so.

Thoughts?

aneftp

macrumors 601
Jul 28, 2007
Curious if the remaining stock of iPad 3s will decrease in price by $100 or so.

Thoughts?

Apple selling refurbished iPad 3. They probably pulled remaining new iPad 3 And recycle the screens to have available stock for refurbished iPad 4 exchanges in store.

Gix1k

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 16, 2008
I'm thinking like Walmart or Target. Places like that. I sold my iPad 2 a few days ago and got a Note 10.1...now I am considering returning this Note. I'd be fine with the iPad 3.

Charadis

macrumors 6502a
Jul 3, 2010
A lot of people who've ordered refurb ipad through Apple recently reported that their orders are shipping from Shenzhen, China.

Personally, I think Apple is selling new ipad 3rd gens as refurb to cover a drop price and clear stock so they would not have to make an official price drop and disappoint a lot of people. Just my thoughts. It would also save $$ on ink to print the pretty retail boxes. Sent from my iPhone 5.

Gix1k

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 16, 2008
Personally, I think Apple is selling new ipad 3rd gens as refurb to cover a drop price and clear stock so they would not have to make an official price drop and disappoint a lot of people..

Well, they have already done that with the announcement of a 4th gen.

ReValveiT

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2012
Price drop?

My 3 week old iPad 3 is now practically worthless.

Yea I'd say that's a f**kin' price drop.

jbachandouris

macrumors 603
Aug 18, 2009
Upstate NY
It's practically worthless? Are you insane? The new one has a processor bump, a new connector, and a 12W adaptor. Yours didn't magically stop working. SMH.

And if its 3 weeks old, return it.

Scott2345

macrumors regular
Oct 5, 2012
A lot of people who've ordered refurb ipad through Apple recently reported that their orders are shipping from Shenzhen, China.

Personally, I think Apple is selling new ipad 3rd gens as refurb to cover a drop price and clear stock so they would not have to make an official price drop and disappoint a lot of people. Just my thoughts. It would also save $$ on ink to print the pretty retail boxes. Sent from my iPhone 5.

Mine is coming from china as well.

ReValveiT

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2012
The patern I'm noticing is that the US folks are having little trouble returning their recently purchased 3's for 4's, even those over 30 days.

Here in the UK however, there's much, much less tolerance for returns in general. Where in the US they'll say "sure, you're a valued customer, we'd like to keep you happy". Here in the UK it's more like "stick it pal, you should have waited".

Yea I'm pretty upset over this...

Ipadlover29

macrumors 6502a
May 28, 2011
The patern I'm noticing is that the US folks are having little trouble returning their recently purchased 3's for 4's, even those over 30 days.

Here in the UK however, there's much, much less tolerance for returns in general. Where in the US they'll say "sure, you're a valued customer, we'd like to keep you happy". Here in the UK it's more like "stick it pal, you should have waited".

Yea I'm pretty upset over this...

I was able to return mine for a full refund after 3 weeks and im in Canada. I showed them my online order for the refurb and asked to reduce the price.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.