Will iPad 3 have support for T-Mobile?

PracticalMac

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jan 22, 2009
Houston, TX
T-Mobile is slowly losing market share and is doing what they can to attract iPhone using customers, what is chances they are begging/bribing Apple to support their network with iPad 3 (let alone iPhone 5)?

Sure it is not cell service, but still a revenue source. Parents have ATT iPad 2 even though used to have T-mo service.

yeah

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2011
T-Mobile is slowly losing market share and is doing what they can to attract iPhone using customers, what is chances they are begging/bribing Apple to support their network with iPad 3 (let alone iPhone 5)?

Sure it is not cell service, but still a revenue source. Parents have ATT iPad 2 even though used to have T-mo service.
Sadly probably not. But i'm on the same page as you. I BADLY want the iPhone 4S/4 to come to T-Mobile. I guess we will wait and see *in a few months*. :)

poloponies

Suspended
May 3, 2010

Does T-Mobile cover areas that Verizon/AT&T don't?

PracticalMac

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jan 22, 2009
Houston, TX
Does T-Mobile cover areas that Verizon/AT&T don't?
Better to ask: Is the coverage better then Verizon/AT&T?

AT&T at my house is so poor I get lost connections in some rooms, but T-Mo is strong.

AT&T is strong everywhere else I use, including at work location middle of nowhere (T-Mo does not get signal there), so I decided to stay.

PracticalMac

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jan 22, 2009
Houston, TX
Latest iPad 3 rumor is it will support LTE, which is obvious since iPad is more reliant on data then voice, the whole point of LTE.

Could T-Mobile support also be built in?

IIRC, Verizon started selling iPad 1 with Mi-Wi before they started selling the V-iPhone?