iPad Will iPad 4 fix this issue?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by FullMetalx117, Dec 24, 2012.

1. FullMetalx117, Dec 24, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2012

FullMetalx117 macrumors regular

I've been playing the walking dead on the ipad third gen and the franerate is really bugging me. I know im nit picking but I've been a pc gamer for a while so i really notice these types of things which take away from the experience. I can sell my 16gb ipad 3 for $400 and get the new ipad 4th gen for $460. Will the ipad 4th gen fix these framerate issues for games such as the walking dead?

2. SnowLeopard OSX macrumors 6502a

SnowLeopard OSX

You'll probably notice a slightly (but not dramatic) increase in frame rate (fps) while gaming on the new iPad with retina display because of the chip upgrade. But good luck selling your used iPad 3rd gen for $400.00 when Walmart is offering them brand new for the same price!

3. Zerilos macrumors 6502a

I played Walking dead on my iPad 4 with zero frame rate issues. Ran very smoothly on the 4. Have only made it through episode 2, so i cant vouch for rest of the game.

4. FullMetalx117, Dec 24, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2012

FullMetalx117 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the help guys. Sold my old ipad 3 for $380 and bought ipad 4 for $460. Downloading walking dead now.

5. raccoonboy macrumors 6502a

coming from pc hardcore gamer, i dont think you will find Ipad as responsive or satisfying enough for game experience.

6. ibleedgolden macrumors newbie

Well, he was only concerned about the framerate and he had the iPad 3 so I don't think that will be an issue.

7. FullMetalx117 thread starter macrumors regular

I agree but for many games the ipad is excellent. For puzzle games and strategy games the ipad has the consoles beat. Even games like the walking dead which doesn't require much gameplay is a better experience on the ipad since I can just lay down and enjoy the story. However I'm staying away from FPS, racing, fighting, etc. on the ipad haha.