Will iPad 4 have 2GB memory?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by sza, Oct 27, 2012.

1. sza, Oct 27, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2012

sza macrumors 6502

2. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

I highly, highly, highly doubt it. The A6 in the 5 has 1 GB.

3. tann macrumors 68000

The next Ax may well have 2GB, imagine how many apps you could switch back and forth between if that was true! :D

4. sza thread starter macrumors 6502

The cost of 2GB memory is nothing, Apple is just evil. :mad:

5. aprofetto8 macrumors regular

What's the difference? Is this something you honestly notice from the user end of things?

6. MisterDisney macrumors 6502a

Why take up the space? We're not trying to run Android here... 1GB is plenty.

7. DannySmurf macrumors 6502a

Nope, it's not.

8. reputationZed macrumors 65816

The cost of increasing the memory size to 2GB is not as simple as looking at the price of memory. SoC's are tightly integrated with their memory, adding more would most likely mean redesigning the SoC. I don't see how designing a product to deliver a certain customer experience rather than simply one upping the competition in a spec war could be considered evil.

9. sza thread starter macrumors 6502

This must be easy for sure. The iOS can address at least 4GB running 32 bit mode. This is even easier than tweaking the design of the iPad.

You will end up with an unusable iPad after upgrading to iOS 7, then you will know the evilness I am talking about.

10. brand macrumors 601

brand

If you feel that Apple is evil then why are you here and why do you buy their products? It makes you seem like a hypocrite. The cost of a 2GB integrated circuit chip is nothing but Apple doesn't use separate IC chips for RAM in the iPad instead the RAM is built into the SOC.

11. pedromartins Suspended

To "one upping" the competition Apple would need to use 4gb of ram.

They won't use 2gb because they want to maximize profit, and that's ok. The new iPad is by far the best tablet on every single way with or without 2gb of ram. Because of that, i would gladly pay Apple's profit. They deserve it and it's fair.

In my opinion the same can be said about the new iPhone, iPod and all macs, with the exception of the entry level 13inch pro, the 13 inch retina and mac pro. Those products are extremely overpriced for what they offer (as of today) and cannot justify their price-tag. That's "the" evil Apple.. they represent the bad side of Apple... in those products you are paying between 500 to 1500 dollars for the Apple logo and OSX. For some it might be worth it.

Here it is, the best computer possible for 95% of PC users (since 2011)...

[​IMG]

12. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Yep, and they are out to get you as well.:rolleyes:

13. SeanR1 macrumors 6502

SeanR1

No, just your money. Time and time again.

[​IMG]

14. pcunite macrumors member

The biggest problem I have with my iPad 1 is that it only has 256MB of ram. The browser crashes all the time from websites with many images. As a non-idiot, it would nice for Apple to help me make informed decisions. Obviously, "it just works" it not enough information.