iPad Will iPad 4 prices drop rock bottom once 5 hits?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Kendo, Oct 5, 2013.

1. Kendo macrumors 68000

I know that anytime a new model comes out for any Apple product, the current drops in value. But will this be especially true with the iPad 4? Mainly because the 5 will be the first major design change? Will it be the biggest drop in value in iPad's history?

I currently have a 3 and love the thick bezels on the side because when I am lying on my back and browsing in landscape mode, the thick bezel sinks into my chest (whether on a blanket or on a shirt) which leaves the entire viewable screen unobscured. I feel like this won't hold true with the 5.

Also, since I own an iPad 3 I was thinking of selling it and buying the new Mini and picking up an iPad 4 for dirt cheap to keep as a "main iPad" (especially if the prices hit rock bottom).

2. jbachandouris macrumors 68040

jbachandouris

Not sure what your definition of 'rock bottom' is. I highly doubt they will sell for less than $100 off the regular price. Refurbs may be cheaper, but not that much cheaper. Time will tell...

3. Airforcekid macrumors 65816

Airforcekid

I doubt it will much the 1st ipad still holds around $200 if in good condition maybe $50 or so the average consumer dosent know or care.

4. Kendo thread starter macrumors 68000

Well I mean Craigslist and eBay, not retail stores. I was able to score a 64GB iPhone 5 for $450 right after the 5S models came out even though the actual unsubsidized price was $850 just a year before. And this was just an S release. The iPad 5 will be a major design change.

5. Vertigo1 macrumors regular

Prices will drop but not massively so. If you are looking to buy a 4 though, just after the 5 is released may be the best time as there'll never be more people trying to sell their 4 which will make it a buyer's market and drive prices down a little more.

6. s2mikey macrumors 68020

s2mikey

That's probably the best way to view it. Bu, if you wait a few months you'll see prices slowly start coming down. The refurbished models will be the first to drop.

7. AppleRobert macrumors 603

Walmart still has the 4 on rollback price I believe. It will be interesting if it goes even lower right after the 5 is announced or released. BTW, my local store still has a good amount of them for sale.

8. Commy1 macrumors 6502a

Commy1

The the new design, I'm willing to get the iPad 2 and 3 will be phased out entire. The iPad 4 will take it's place and the prices will drop 75$ or so and that'll be that.