Will iPad Air 3 have all features of the Pro?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by macbook123, Jan 1, 2016.

1. macbook123 macrumors 68000

Just wondering, as my only gripe with the Pro is the size.

Might the Air 3 get the same ability to use the Pen, as well as more useful speakers?

2. ZombiePete macrumors 68020

ZombiePete

This question has been asked a lot; the fact is that no one knows what the likelihood of the iPad Air 3 getting any of the features of the iPad Pro, but I personally do not believe that it will get the ability to use the Pencil nor will it get stereo speakers like the iPP has. First, I don't believe that Apple will want to dilute the purpose of the iPP by making the Pencil a universal iOS accessory. Second, the Air really doesn't have the internal space necessary to make speakers like the ones in the iPP possible.

I imagine that the iPA3 will probably get a speed bump, Touch ID 2 sensor, and maybe Force Touch if Apple got the issues with that worked out. But the iPP will still have differentiating features, and I think that aside from its size the Pencil and the speaker quality are major ones.

3. bufffilm Suspended

bufffilm

The speakers, the pencil , and the 4gb RAM will be exclusive to the iPP for at least another year, and could be longer.

The speakers may never appear elsewhere as I doubt Apple would put them on the Air since doing so would be at odds with size/thickness and with weight not to mention the size constraints of 9.7".

Pencil may be added to the Air, but not before 2017 at the earliest. Yes, some clamor for it now, but it's not happening.

If Apple wants to foster more Pro apps, they need to figure out how to make the App store more conduscive (sp) to higher revenue products. Just porting the pencil to the Air isn't enough to generate developer interest.

4. joeblow7777 macrumors 601

Your guess is as good as anyone's. I don't think anyone here has access to any information that you don't.