Will IPAD apps run on TV OS

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by pr0230, Sep 12, 2015.

1. pr0230 Suspended

I've been tring to justify buying the Apple TV... Just having Smart TV apps like HULU NETFLIX does not do it. My TV already has those....
    BUT.... If I now can use the APPS I use on my IPAD, well that is HUGE... So the TV would become my IPAD TV PRO....

2. ozaz macrumors 65816

I highly doubt it.

Personally, I don't see a major attraction of running apps designed for iPad on a TV.
    I'd rather they be designed specifically for use on TV interface.

3. kds1 Suspended

kds1

The answer is no.

As for the other issue. So what? My TV has Netflix and Hulu on it. The UX/UI SUCKS. I mean it's complete garbage. The AppleTV is so far superior. Forget about Netflix and Hulu on your "smart" TV.

4. Snoopy4 macrumors 6502a

Snoopy4

I would think you'd need a new app just for the integration. I'd like my travel apps though. Would be nice to check in for a flight, check status, manage bookings etc... Like an iPad attached to my TV while not an iPad...

One order of safari as well.

5. Shawn Parr macrumors regular

The apps will have to be updated for tvOS. As they are right now they will not run on AppleTV. However AppleTV is a variant of iOS and developers can create a universal app that runs on iPhone, iPad, and App,eTV.

So some of your iPad apps will have updates in the near future that will allow them to run on AppleTV. Some others will have a new version of the app added to the store so that you need to buy them again for the TV format (like Fantastical is now on iPhone / iPad / Mac). It is up to the developer to decide how they will do it though.