will ipad duplicate songs if you drag them twice?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by supermac96, Oct 10, 2011.

1. supermac96 macrumors 6502a

supermac96

I've wondered this for a long time i've just been to lazy to ask. Lets say I have a song in my itunes library and the same song with the same title and everything in a folder in my finder (a duplicate for backup). If I drag the song from my itunes library to my ipad then i drag that song from the folder to itunes and drag that to my ipad will the same song show twice or will it know its already on the ipad and not put it on? I am asking because I have alot of songs in my itunes library and also some in a folder. with some of the songs there is a copy in my itunes and a copy in this folder. with others there is only a copy in the folder. Instead of sorting through the folder finding the sings not in my itunes I want to be able to drag everything from the folder to my ipad but i don't want duplicates of the songs that are in both this folder and my library on my ipad. Sorry for the long confusing question I hope you can understand what I mean, thanks!

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

If the song file on the iPad is the same as the one you're wanting to sync over, it will only keep one copy of it on your iPad.

3. supermac96 thread starter macrumors 6502a

supermac96

K thanks