Will iPad syncing take out my iPhone jailbreak.

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by joneszee954, Mar 6, 2011.

1. joneszee954 macrumors member

I was thinking about getting the iPad 2 next week. It will have 4.3 installed on it. Now when updates come out and I update my iPad to a new version, when I connect my iPhone to sync will it automatically install new software to my iPhone, breaking my jailbreak. Whenever I sync now I tell my computer mot to install any updates, but with an iPad that I want updated, will it mess with my phone, or do they keep the updates separate? Thanks for the help.

2. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

No, to all questions.
    Your jailbreak is safe.

3. neko girl macrumors 6502a

neko girl

I'm not sure what you asked, or what @appleguy123 answered.
    Neither 4.3 nor iPad2 is jailbroken. Currently a tethered jailbreak works on 4.3GM, but if history is any indicator it means nothing regarding a jailbreak you would have in hand for 4.3 and iPad.

Your iPhone on 4.2.1 can be jailbroken, but you'll lose that ability with 4.3.

Restoring to a new OS will wipe all your jailbreak applications unless you use a 3rd party tool (ie: PkgBackup) to save these. Settings do seem to be preserved, if you Restore from Backup after Restore.

4. Jason S. macrumors 6502a

Your iPad and iPhone are two separate devices, so they won't affect each other's software in any way. So like appleguy123 said, you're safe. I'm only posting to reiterate the answer, and to try not to overcomplicate things for you, as it seems neko girl's reply might have done.

5. joneszee954 thread starter macrumors member

Ok, thank you for the replies. I know I explained it terribly. I guess I would have been better of saying my iPhone is presently jailbroken. If I buy an iPad and say 4.4 comes out in a few months and I download it for the iPad, will it also download to my phone the next time I sync effectively overwriting my jailbreak.
    Fron the responses it seems like I'll be alright.

6. MikePA macrumors 68020

MikePA

No 'seems' about it. Two different devices in iTunes. Upgrading iOS on one of them has no effect on the other.