Will iPad with case fit into Dock?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by DTphonehome, Apr 9, 2010.

1. DTphonehome macrumors 68000

Just got my 32gb iPad, hooray! I don't have a case yet, but need one soon... I like the way the Apple case fits and feels. I'd also like to order a dock though, and even though the Apple case is super thin, I'm not sure it'll fit the dock. Anyone have both accessories? Will the iPad fit in the dock while in the Apple case?
    Thanks!

2. jamesarm97 macrumors 65816

Nope. Off by a mm or two. Should have also added a second vertical piece where you could put it in landscape or just added another dock connector on the side of the iPad.

3. DTphonehome thread starter macrumors 68000

Darn. Gonna have to wait for a 3rd party dock or case solution then.

4. Apple-Man23 macrumors regular

Not to be rude but there are already several threads that exist to answer this same question...anyway, as many have already said there will likely never exist a case that works with the dock for the same reason that iPhone cases don't work with the dock--the dock requires a tight fit. The dock can't function properly if there is enough room for the case because then the iPad by itself will not fit right. Hope this helps and next time a quick search can sometimes answer the question for you!!

5. illtype macrumors member

Does anyone know of a nice case that let's you still use the dock? If you do please post link or pics. Thank you

6. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Since there is no space between the dock and the iPad when the iPad is in place, there is no way a case can be on the iPad when docked. That is… unless someone makes a case with a flap.