All iPads Will iPadOS work with iTunes and Mojave?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Donnation, Jun 13, 2019 at 2:56 AM.

1. Donnation macrumors demi-god

Donnation

I've been running the beta of iPadOS and minus some expected small bugs its great. I used XCode to install it because I don't run betas of MacOS. I noticed that iTunes will no longer connect to the iPad as it says the OS needs to be updated when I connect it. Does that mean that iPadOS and even iOS13 aren't backward compatible with iTunes? I can't believe that would be the case, but does anyone have any light to shed on this?

2. Shirasaki macrumors G3

Shirasaki

I am running iOS 13 on iPhone XS Max and iPad Pro 11” (2018) and sync my music library, books and movies with iTunes 12.6.5 as well as high Sierra. I see the pop up of asking to update my software to connect, but I just dismissed those, and iTunes sync works just fine.

So, in short, iOS 13 is backward compatible, at least in this beta. As long as Apple does not break certain stuff in iOS that renders (older version of) iTunes completely obsolete, I think I am fine in the foreseeable future.

3. Donnation thread starter macrumors demi-god

Donnation

Good to know. I'm not sure why its not syncing with my iMac running Mojave. Maybe a restart of both devices will remedy it. Glad to know its working for you though.

4. AutomaticApple macrumors 65816

AutomaticApple

No crashes?

5. Donnation thread starter macrumors demi-god

Donnation

No; it is actually working exceptionally well. I’m going to be forced to downgrade though if notability doesn’t start working. It won’t sync with iCloud and i depend on that app for taking regular notes. If it isn’t fixed in the next week I’ll have to go back to ios12.