Will iPhone 3G be plagued with negative black issue?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by thadoggfather, Jul 2, 2008.

1. thadoggfather macrumors 603

thadoggfather

Where all the blacks are inverted and shiny? This was a problem on some iPhones because they used really cheap screens. Only the 5 series and 7457092 panels were completely unaffected by this issue... I had to swap mine several times to get a good screen. I hope it's not the same this time around.

2. know-it-all5 macrumors 6502

I had that problem with my ipod touch. I hope it doesnt happen again. I got lucky cause I called apple the day i got it and they replaced it.

3. thadoggfather thread starter macrumors 603

thadoggfather

yeah it affected iPod touch too, which actually seemed to get more of a bad reputation than the iPhone (even though it affected both products)

4. razorianfly macrumors 65816

razorianfly

I hope not.

I think there will riots, if it is affected by this.

R-Fly

5. thadoggfather thread starter macrumors 603

thadoggfather

yeah hopefully they've cleaned up their act since the 1st gen.

6. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

No, they should all be using newer screens than the ones used on the first bad batch of Touches or the bad batch of iPhones.

7. bbplayer5 macrumors 68030

My first gen phone from day one was perfect... my 16gb one was horrible...

8. wildcardd macrumors 6502a

What boggles my mind is people asking these questions.

How the heck are we supposed to know?? Nobody outside of a select few have even seen a 3G iPhone.

9. thadoggfather thread starter macrumors 603

thadoggfather

the ones from day one were 5 series screens. they got cheap and started using cheaper panels over time. that's why your 16gb was "horrible."

I dunno how you guys are supposed to know, I'm just asking what you think. You do have a brain, don't you? Does it hurt to use it?

10. HoldFastHope macrumors 6502

Seems like a question to me.

But since you're asking what I think... no?

11. wildcardd macrumors 6502a

Then you should state somewhere "What do you think". You didn't. You were asking the question of whether or not it will have the issue.

That is all..... ;)

12. JD92 macrumors 6502a

JD92

I'm hoping Apple's learned how to get decent screens. My first iPod Touch was awful, as was the second, by the third I just gave up and accepted that I wasn't going to be getting a decent screen in the near future and as time went on I just decided not to return it because I'm too lazy.

In saying that, the iPod Touch was 'only' £269. The iPhone is a lot more money over time, so if there's even a slight negative black on my new iPhone it's going straight back to O2. Hopefully if there is another negative black problem, enough people will return their phones and demand new ones that Apple will come to the conclusion that it's costing them more money and reputation than it would to just get decent screens.