Will iPhone 4 work on 4G?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Daddy Mac, Jun 12, 2010.

1. Daddy Mac macrumors member

I know that this iPhone will work on the 3G network but I was wondering if it would work on the 4G network in the future? I've read reports that ATT will start rolling out a 4G network sometime next year, whether or not it is experimental I'm not sure, but will this iPhone 4 be able to work on that 4G network? Or would we have to purchase an upgraded iPhone that is compatible with 4G? Thanks.

2. RonHC macrumors 6502a

RonHC

Just search the forum or just google it, we have answered this a **** load of times

3. hcho3 macrumors 68030

The iphone 4 will not work with 4G. I would not worry too much about 4G yet. Even if you have a greatest phone in the world, it is useless without great apps and network to back it up. It seems like AT&T is not really rushing into 4G yet. They will work on it, but it won't get serious until late 2011.

4. CrAkD macrumors 68040

CrAkD

5. Scooterman1 macrumors 6502a

Scooterman1

You say 'we' have answered this a **** load of times.......

I just read through 176 of your posts, and I can't find where YOU answered this 1 time, much less **** load.....

Please help me find your writeup!!!

6. Scooterman1 macrumors 6502a

Scooterman1

From what I read on 'Clear' communications, and Sprint, their 4G works on WiMax. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. The iPhone 4 supports up to about 8 but not 4G.

7. barefeats macrumors 65816

barefeats

You can cheat and use a Sprint 4G Overdrive portable hotspot -- which is what i am already doing with my WiFi only iPad.

8. RonHC macrumors 6502a

RonHC

Wow, when i mean "we" i mean the forum, so i didnt say i answered them because it has already been answered

and the fact that you took the time to read all of my posts just makes it sadder

9. Olivia23 macrumors 6502a

Olivia23

IMO At&t needs to work on their 3g network first before working on 4g. There are still a lot of areas in NC that only have Edge network, and one is where I live.:mad:

10. cowsrus macrumors 6502

lol just take the burn cause it was a good one and that wasnt anywhere near a quality reply