Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

r0cksteady

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 13, 2010
Hi all,

I am debating to buy the iphone 4. Does anyone know if it will work with my Bose sounddock II?

Cheers.

Rock

Hovey

macrumors regular
Aug 10, 2009
TN
I think so

It looks to me, like most iPhone docks, you'll just need to purchase and new dock adapter. The one that's in there now should just pop out and the new one snap right in place. I don't think there will be any software issue at all.

ngenerator

macrumors 68000
May 12, 2009
USG Ishimura
Dude, it's anyone's guess until it's actually released. As a SoundDock owner I'm hoping the answer is yes. Unfortunately, that's all we have to go on for the next few weeks.

McBeats

macrumors 6502a
Apr 10, 2007
erf
well, someone can load iOS4 onto their 3gs and see if it works... if it does then the odds are that much better....

im tryin to find out the same deal with my $99 car stereo, Sony GTX310UI, it played/charged my ipod touch with os3.1.2 beautifully... I'm hoping it will do the same on the new hardware and firmware...

stlredbird

macrumors 6502a
Feb 24, 2009
ya this is my one major question for upgrading to the iPhone 4. I just got my Sounddock II a couple months ago so it better fit in there.

bjobes

macrumors regular
Jul 21, 2008
Ive fired off an email to Bose asking this. Nothing back yet

***update***

Message from Bose

Bose is aware that Apple has recently announced the iPhone 4. Apple expects the product will be available to end consumers on June 24. Our Engineers will not be able to obtain this product until it is available for end consumers to purchase.

Once our Engineers have obtained this product to test, it may take several weeks to conduct thorough testing with all of our “Works with iPhone” certified products to determine comparability of the iPhone 4 with these products.

We do not have information at this time regarding compatibility of the iPhone 4 with our “Works with iPhone” products. We recommend you check back with us in a couple of months to determine if compatibility information is available.

Thank you for contacting Bose Corporation.
Product and Technical Support Team

llimbo72

macrumors newbie
Mar 3, 2008
Works just find on the sounddock - listening to it right now from my iPhone 4.

Hm - my iPhone 4 is not working. I have a SoundDock Series II (not a wireless). Did anyone find out if adapters are available yet?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.